Facilitate Rescue Inc
Foster Home Agreement
This agreement is to allow you to foster cats and kittens for Facilitate Rescue Inc at the address given above.
Please read the following carefully.
1. OWNERSHIP. I understand that animals by law are considered “property” and as such my foster pet is “owned” by FRI at all times until a legal, binding contract for the adoption of the animal is completed. I agree that I will relinquish possession to FRI immediately upon request of an FRI coordinator.
2. RISKS. I understand that a young cat or kitten may not be old enough to be rabies vaccinated & that working with a stray animal carries a risk of exposure to rabies & zoonotic diseases. I agree to maintain my foster pet in areas separate from my own pets. If I opt to integrate my fosters with any other pets, I understand that I alone will be responsible for any damages or costs for services or treatment resulting from the integration.
3. MOVING FOSTERS. I understand that I am responsible for care of my foster and agree that I will not allow another person to care for or have custody of my foster unless I have obtained permission from my FRI coordinator.
4. SUPERVISION. I agree to closely supervise my foster pets during any interaction with children (my own included) and to supervise children in my foster areas to reduce the chances of mutual harm.
5. AT-HOME VISITS. I agree to allow an FRI coordinator to visit my home prior to placing pets with me and to allow scheduled visits on short notice. I recognize that FRI may require that I make changes relating to the care of my fosters to enable me to better care for my foster pets.
6. PROPER CARE & SUPPLIES. I agree that my foster cat will be kept indoors only. I agree to provide regular access to adequate fresh food and water and clean litterboxes. I am responsible for supplying food and litter. I will provide clean litter boxes (scooped daily) for my foster. I will transport my foster in an animal carrying cage manufactured for this specific use in order to make sure that they are safe. I will notify my FRI coordinator IMMEDIATELY in the event of potential health issues, eg sneezing, coughing, red/watery eyes, weight loss, diarrhea, failure to eat for more than one 24-hour period.
7. MEDICAL CARE. I agree to maintain my foster pet’s medical status as instructed by FRI’s vet as communicated to me by my coordinator. I agree to attend clinics, vet appointments and spay day as instructed by my FRI coordinator. I understand that I alone am responsible for the cost of any care my foster receives that has not been expressly approved by my FRI coordinator. I will see to it that the veterinarian’s instructions are followed, including the proper storage and administration of medication.
8. PROPER CONDUCT. I acknowledge that as an approved foster home I must set an example at all times for other volunteers. I recognize the importance of a good public image for FRI and will never willingly compromise our standards. I agree to treat my fellow volunteers with the respect they deserve.
9. ADOPTION OF FOSTERS. I understand that any person interested in adopting a foster in my custody must go through the normal channels, i.e. fill out an application, interview with an FRI adoptions counselor, be approved as a match for the foster, pay a fee and complete a contract. If I desire to adopt one of my fosters, I understand that I must follow this adoption process and must complete a contract and pay the adoption fee within 30 days of informing my coordinator of wishing to adopt (and being approved to adopt that particular foster).